The holidays are right around the corner and you may be wondering what to get for that runner in your life. Besides the obvious running shoes, running pants, sports bra, and running shirt that you use on your day to day runs, there is always a need for additional gear that will help your run be more comfortable, safe, and enjoyable. Here is a list of 10 gift ideas for runner:
- Noxgear. IMHO this should be #1 on your list. Safety out on the roads is #1. Have you ever seen a runner on the road with flashing glow sticks? Noxgear is a light-up vest. It is weightless, so you won’t even know you are wearing it. You have a number of different colors to choose from to match your running gear, as well as setting it to blink with the different colors. They even make noxgear for dogs!
3. Flip Belt. I can’t go for a run without my Flip Belt. Flip Belts make for hands free running. It will hold your phone, id, running fuel, key, etc. The best part is that it does not bounce and you can’t even feel it when you are running. It fits snug against your body like the top of yoga pants.
4. AfterShokz. I can’t run without my music, audio books, or podcast. AfterShokz use jaw bone technology to play your music without having to wear earbuds. This makes it safer for running on the road because you can still hear your surroundings.
5. I can’t leave the house without my Garmin. It helps me track my pace, distance, timing, heartrate, etc. I also swim, so I use the Garmin Vivofit HR to help track my runs.
6. Nathan hand held water bottle. I use a hand held water bottle for my long runs. It makes water and my fuel readily available. If have found it easy to refill at water stations during longer races.
7. Oofos are the most comfortable sandal to slide those tired feet into after a long run. They help to ease foot stress and soreness after a long run. They are the first thing I put onto my feet after a long run.
8. Foam roller. All runners need a foam roller to roll out your muscles after a run. Rolling your legs, hips, and back helps to release the buildup of lactitc acid. It is like having a deep tissue massage on those tired legs.
9. Medal display. Every runner who runs races needs a medal display. You need to show off all of your accomplishments somewhere.
10. I have two brands that I use, Goodrs and Smith. The Goodrs are inexpensive and polarized. They don’t bounce when you run and they come in fun colors. I use my Smiths when I am doing triathlons. My Smiths have interchangeable lenses for different weather.
Stay tuned for stocking ideas!
I am an Amazon Affiliate and am paid for qualifying purchases.